Latest events, news and specials in North Central Kansas!
Movies for SVC
August 13 – August 19
Suicide Squad (R)
Margot Robbie, Idris Elba, John Cena
2 hr 12 mins
Fri/Sat 7:30 & 9:30 pm
Sun 2:30 & 7:30
Supervillains Harley Quinn, Bloodsport, Peacemaker and a collection of nutty cons at Belle Reve prison join the super-secret, super-shady Task Force X as they are dropped off at the remote, enemy-infused island of Corto Maltese.
Jungle Cruise (PG13)
Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt
2 hr 7 min
Fri/Sat 7:00 & 9:30 pm
Sun 2:00 & 7:00
Based on Disneyland’s theme park ride where a small riverboat takes a group of travelers through a jungle filled with dangerous animals and reptiles but with a supernatural element.
The Kansas Association of Broadcasters has announced the 2021 KAB Award Winners
for Excellence in Radio Broadcasting for the past year.
KD Country 94/Z96.3 the Lake in Glen Elder/Beloit, KS won FIVE small market radio station awards.
KD Country 94/Z96.3 the Lake took home 1st Place in TWO different categories:
KD Country 94/Z96.3 the Lake also received THREE Other Awards:
1st Place: State Girls Basketball: Wetmore vs St.John’s/Tipton by Wade Gerstner
Public Affairs Program:
1st Place: Community Matters: Interview with Senator Jerry Moran by Wade Gerstner
2nd Place: KD Country 94 Sports by Dusty Deines
2nd Place: KDCountry94.com by Derek Nester & Dusty Deines
3rd Place: Coaching Is Not Easy by Wade Gerstner
General Manager Wade Gerstner commented, “Considering we only have two full time staff members, being recognized with five awards is quite an accomplishment. We are very proud of our staff’s dedication to provide high quality content to our listeners, whether it be local news, local sports, local weather coverage, local radio commercials, or our local website. We would like to thank our listeners and advertisers who make all of this possible. We will continue to strive to provide the best coverage our area deserves.”
Since 2009, KD Country 94 has received 90 KAB awards overall and 37 first place awards, while being recognized as the Small Market Radio Station of the Year in 2010, 2011, 2012, & 2015.
The Kansas Association of Broadcasters will hold their annual convention in October, where station personnel receive their awards.
Youth Flag Football Divisions: Grades 1 & 2 Grades 3 & 4
Early Bird Registration: $25 Due by August 17th Final Registration: $35 Due by August 20thRegistration forms can be found at the City Office, Parks & Rec Office, or at the following link: http://www.beloitks.org/DocumentCenter/View/259/Youth-Activity-Registration-Form?bidId=
Coaches Meeting: August 23rd at 5:30 in Muni Basement (Coaches are always needed and greatly appreciated)Game Dates: September 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th (there will be 1-2 games per week depending on number of teams)
NFL Flag Football rules will be used.
Grilled Cheese: Pork Egg Roll with Pepper Jack
Drink: Stone Buenavesa Salt & Lime Lager, $3
Economy Shop Update
We need volunteers to help at the Economy Shop in Beloit. Please consider a donation of your time. The proceeds are used for purchase of equipment and programs at the hospital and RCC, scholarships, and support of Solomon Valley Transportation. Please call Karen Buser at 785 569-1212 to set up an interview.
- Friday, August 13 – Family FUN Night at the Beloit Elementary School
- Saturday, August 14 – LMC Award Banquet, 5:30 pm. Register by Aug. 4th.
- Saturday, August 14 – Hunter Festival
- Tuesday, August 17 – First day of School for St. John’s Catholic School
- August 20-22 – Cawker City Twine-a-Thon weekend
- Friday, August 20 – Beloit Trojan Fan Parade, Hamburger Feed
- Saturday, August 21 – Don and Sylvia Live at Kettle, 11:30 am
- Saturday, August 21 – NCK Tech Movie Night. 8:00 pm
- Thursday, August 26 – Community/ Job Fair @NCK Tech, must reigster your business or organization.
- Wednesday, September 1 – Non-Profit Rountable hosted by BACC, SVCF and Boost
- Thursday, September 2 – NCK Tech Downtown Scavenger Hunt, Contact Julia for more information, 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- Saturday, September 11 – Millapalooza
- Friday, October 1 – Chamber Golf Classic, Beloit Country Club