Latest events, news and specials in North Central Kansas!
Grilled Cheese: Whipped Herb & White Wine Ricotta
Soup: Shrimp Bisque
Drink: Cupcake Rose Wine, $4/$16
Salina, KS – OCCK Transportation is pleased to announce that Michelle Griffin is the returning Mobility Manager for north central Kansas.
Griffin, housed at OCCK Transportation, will continue work within the north central Kansas counties of Saline, Ellsworth, Lincoln, Ottawa, Mitchell, Cloud, Republic, and Jewell to identify and close gaps in transportation services, as well as help facilitate agreements and relationships between transportation providers, major employment and medical providers, and cities and counties.
Projects that Griffin has been involved in include:
The 81 Connection fixed route bus service from Belleville to Salina;
The creation of the Kansas Rides website showcasing all public transit options across the state of Kansas;
And KANcycle, the newly created one-of-a-kind regional bike sharing program.
“I’m excited to be back working with north central Kansas to improve public transportation options for all residents,” Griffin said. “I am looking forward to continuing to grow what we’ve started and looking at other necessary options. There are several gaps in transportation services but there is potential to meet those needs. By working together, we can continue to help north central Kansas thrive and prosper by allowing residents to stay independent and age in place which benefits us all.”
Contact Griffin to schedule presentations on public transportation options within the eight counties of north central Kansas. Travel training is also available for CityGo and 81 Connection fixed routes.
There are currently two other Mobility Managers in the state as well. Mike Spadafore covers the greater Topeka region, and Mike Wilson is based out of Manhattan. Plans are to have Mobility Managers covering all 10 transit districts in Kansas. Mobility management is a joint project between the member transportation agencies in the eight-county region and the Kansas Department of Transportation.
For more information about OCCK Transportation, visit www.salinacitygo.com or call 785-826-1583. More information can also be found on the Kansas Rides website at www.ksrides.org. Find out about KANcycle at www.kancycle.org.
Calendar of Events
- Friday, March 6 – Burger n’ Beer Night, Kettle, 6-9 pm
- Saturday, March 7 – Indoor Triathlon at the NCK Wellness Center, starts 8 am
- Monday, March 9 – Tux Night at Given Grace, 3 pm – 7 pm
- Thursday, March 12 – Chamber Meeting, Noon
- Thursday, March 12 – Senior BINGO, 2-4 pm
- March 13 – 15 – Becker Autos Camper Show
- Friday, March 13 – Chamber Coffee @Becker Autos, 8:30 – 9:30 am
- Tuesday, March 17 – Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge, 6 pm, NCK Tech Conference room
- Wednesday, March 18 – 2020 We Kan! conference
- Thursday, March 19 – Community Open House/ After Hours at Beloit Elementary School, 5 – 7pm, STEM projects displayed, Orchestra selections played, Refreshments served.
- Wednesday, March 25 – Farmway Credit Union Annual Dinner, St. Johns, 6 pm
- Thursday, April 2 – Heart Choices Banquet, 7 pm. Reservations required, 738-3433.
- Friday, April 3 – Wear BLUE Day!
- Saturday, April 4 – Annual Chamber Banquet, @Municipal Building, 6 – 9:30 pm, Tickets available. Email email@example.com $35 a person/ $60 couple.
- Saturday, April 4 – Bart Crow Concert at the DUB, 9 pm – Midnight
- Thursday, April 23 – Job Fair, First Bank of Beloit Community Room, 11 – 2 pm.