Latest events, news and specials in North Central Kansas!
Kettle will open late today, Friday, October 11, at 11 am. No breakfast will be served. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Grilled Cheese: “Mexi-Corn” Roasted corn, onion and jalapeno with white cheddar
Soup: Garden Chicken Noodle Soup
Drink: Leinenkugel’s Harvest Patch Shandy, $3.50
BELOIT TO HOST MEDICARE PART D ENROLLMENT EVENT
The Beloit Senior Center will be the site of a Medicare Part D enrollment event on Tuesday, October 22, beginning at 9:00 AM and slated to run until 4:00 PM. The event is sponsored by the North Central-Flint Hills Area Agency on Aging as well as the Mitchell County Council on Aging and the Beloit Senior Center. The program will highlight the Medicare Part D Drug plans which will be available in the annual enrollment sign up period scheduled for October 15 through December 7. The program is open to anyone either currently enrolled in Medicare, or those who will be going on Medicare in the next four months. There is no cost for the event, and advanced enrollment is not necessary, although the scheduling of an appointment is advised. Appointments can be made by calling the NC-FHAAA at 800-432-2703, or by calling the Beloit Senior Center at 785-738-5802.
The enrollment event will be conducted by staff members from NC-FHAAA who specialize in Medicare issues for the Manhattan based Area Agency on Aging. Also in attendance will be local SHICK (Senior Health Insurance Counselors for Kansans) representative Mr. John Highland. Each individual who participates in the enrollment will work with a SHICK counselor, and will be given as much time as needed in order to arrive at the Medicare Part D Drug Plan that works best for them. All SHICK volunteers undergo three intense days of training for that position as they strive to help Kansas Seniors arrive at Medicare decisions that are best for that individual. The local pharmacies also have a vested interest in helping their customers achieve a beneficial relationship with the Medicare program, both in terms of controlling costs as well as providing necessary coverage for their individual drug needs. They provide yet another option for the citizens of this area in wisely selecting the plan that works in their best interest.
Participation is open to anyone in Mitchell County or any of the surrounding counties. Everyone who participates in the Medicare program is highly advised to re-evaluate their Part D plan each year. Plans change from one year to the next, so what worked well for you this year might not be the best plan for you this coming year. In addition, a person’s individual drug needs also change from year to year, so again it is best to look at all the options available to you. Every SHICK volunteer can site many examples of individuals who saved hundreds of dollars a year, just by choosing the most beneficial plan for their needs. Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity to save money on your Medicare Part D plan, by participating in the yearly enrollment event on Tuesday, October 22nd, at the Beloit Senior Center. Call the Beloit Senior Center or Jay Rowh at 785-738-0241 for further details.
Have Any Exciting News to Share?
The Chamber wants to help spread the word about your business. “Noteworthy News” is your opportunity to do just that. It’s a great way to inform other Chamber members about anything that’s new within your organization. Fill us in on what’s happening from staff changes to a new product or service. Send it to email@example.com by Thursday at noon and I will include it in Chamber Chat!
Calendar of Events
- Friday, October 11 – Porter House 80th Birthday Party, 4 – 7 pm, Open House
- Saturday, October 12 – Beloit Concert Series, Ball in the House, 7 pm
- Sunday, October 13 – Walk Run for Life hosted by Heart Choices in Chautauqua Park, 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 15 – Rural & Independent Innovators Conference, Hays, KS 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Robbins Center, Ft. Hays University
- Thursday, October 17 – Celebrate International Credit Union Day @Farmway Credit Union, Secure Shred in parking lot, 8:30 – 1:00 pm
- Saturday, October 19 – Ghost Storytelling at Glen Elder State Park, 7 – 9 pm
- Sat. – Sun., Oct 19 – 20 – Haunted Barn @Prairie Ridge Barn, Glen Elder
- Tuesday, Oct 22 – Medicare Part D Enrollment, Beloit Senior Center
- Tuesday, Oct 22 – Taco Tuesday, Down Under, 6-8 pm
- Friday, October 25 – Chamber Coffee, 8:30–9:30 am @Central National Bank
- Saturday, Oct 26 – Haunted Barn @Prairie Ridge Barn, Glen Elder
- Wednesday, October 30 – Fall After Hours @Porter house, Hosted by Solomon Valley Community Foundation, 5 – 7 pm
- Thursday, October 31 – Downtown Trick or Treating, 5:30 pm; Trunk or Treat at Zion Lutheran Church, 5:30 – 7:00 pm w/ Hay Rack Rides
- Saturday, November 23 – Trojan Night Out, Municipal Building, 6 – 10 pm