Latest events, news and specials in North Central Kansas!
Kettle Specials and Events:
Grilled Cheese of the week: “Hop n’ Hog” IPA beer braised pork with white cheddar
Drink: Samuel Adams Porch Rocker Radler, $4
We are currently looking for superintendents to help with open class at the 2019 Mitchell County Fair.
What does a superintendent do?
Superintendents help with check in of exhibits, set up of exhibits and assist the judge as needed.
What is the time commitment?
Wednesday July 24th 6-8pm and Thursday 8am- Until judging is complete
What classes still need a superintendent?
Garden Vegetables and Horticulture
Textiles (sewing projects)
Crafts (legos, sculptures)
Fine Arts (drawings/paintings)
If you or someone you know would be interested please have them reach out!
Kansas Volunteer Commission announces funding to leverage additional volunteers
The Kansas Volunteer Commission
(KVC) is announcing funding of up to $100,000 for eligible entities to develop
and/or support community-based organizations to recruit, manage and support
The funds are made available through the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) to expand the capacity of volunteer programs in hopes to increase volunteerism in Kansas.
Any Kansas public or private nonprofit organizations, public or private schools, institutions of higher education and governments operating in the state of Kansas are invited to apply. Organizations must have a paid staff member dedicated to supporting volunteers for at least 50% of their job.
Funds may be used to purchase volunteer software, enhance volunteer recruitment strategies, supplement staff time, create volunteer training curriculum or provide quality trainings to staff and volunteers.
All project activities must take place Oct. 1, 2019-Sept. 20, 2020. The KVC will select recipients based on the quality of the application, the need and impact of the proposed activities, and the organization’s demonstrated readiness to implement the proposed project.
KVC expects to make awards of up to $15,000 per organization with a dollar-for-dollar match requirement. This is a cost-reimbursement grant funding opportunity.
- July 1, 2019: Applications due by 4 p.m.
- Sept. 13, 2019: Official notification of awards.
Have Any Exciting News to Share?
The Chamber wants to help spread the word about your business. “Noteworthy News” is your opportunity to do just that. It’s a great way to inform other Chamber members about anything that’s new within your organization. Fill us in on what’s happening from staff changes to a new product or service. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday at noon and I will include it in Chamber Chat!
Calender of Events
- Friday, June 28 – Ribbon Cutting, KanCycle at Thierolf Park, 10 am
- Friday, June 28 – Last Friday, First Drink @Wholesale Liquor
- Friday, June 28 – Ribbon Cutting @ 5-6 pm at Down Under Brewery
- Saturday, June 29 – Goat Yoga, Pet Connection & LaLa Lotus
- Saturday, July 6 – LakeFest at Glen Elder State Park, 785-545-3345 to sign up for activities and for more information.
- Friday, July 19 – Downtown Block Party, 4 – 8 pm, more details to come.
- July 25 – 27 – Mitchell County Fair, see event flyer
- Saturday, September 7 – Millapalooza, Downtown Beloit, 785-738-2717 for more information or how to sign up for events.