Latest events, news and specials in North Central Kansas!
Kettle Specials and Events:
Grilled Cheese of the week: Chipotle Jalapeno Corn Popper Drink: Bon & Viv Spiked Seltzers, $3.50
LIVE Music Wednesday night, June 26, at 6 pm!
Mitchell County Health Partners spread awareness of
National Stop the Bleed Month and announce June 2019 community training
During the month of May 2019 the Mitchell County Regional Medical Foundation, Mitchell County Hospital Health Systems, Mitchell County EMS and local law enforcement focused on raising awareness on “Stop the Bleed” trauma response strategies that all community members can learn to help save a life during trauma related accidents.
The Medical Foundation along with support of the Mitchell County Commissioners started the work in 2018 to begin to raise awareness on this very critical lifesaving education and during May 2019 partnered with the Mitchell County EMS, MCHHS, Mitchell County Sheriff’s Department and City of Beloit Police to distribute over 40 “Stop the Bleed Kits” to targeted locations across Mitchell County to educate and implement better trauma prevention practices.
On May 23, 2019 the Medical Foundation along with partners recognized the second annual “Stop the Bleed” day nationwide and outfitted every Mitchell County Sheriffs and City of Beloit Police vehicle with a “Stop the Bleed Kit”.
MCHHS and the Medical Foundation along with Mitchell County EMS and local law enforcement will continue to spread this education through educational courses to teach these trauma prevention practices across our communities.
Join us at the Mitchell County EMS building, 1906 Kansas Highway 14 in Beloit on Wednesday, June 20th for a “Stop the Bleed” training session at 7:00pm. All community members are invited and those who have taken the course before are more than welcome to attend for a refresher as new materials have been added in the last year.
Mitchell County EMS, Mitchell County Sheriff’s Department and MCHHS, Dr. Mark Banker and Mary Gray, Emergency Department Director will lead the instructive course with practical application exercises.
Mark your calendars to learn how you can be part of the answer and be educated on how to save a life in a critical trauma accident. Contact Mitchell County Regional Medical Foundation at 785-738-9493 to register free of charge online go to: https://conta.cc/2Ic2hUQ
Have Any Exciting News to Share?
The Chamber wants to help spread the word about your business. “Noteworthy News” is your opportunity to do just that. It’s a great way to inform other Chamber members about anything that’s new within your organization. Fill us in on what’s happening from staff changes to a new product or service. Send it to email@example.com by Thursday at noon and I will include it in Chamber Chat!
Calender of Events
- Tuesday, June 25 – Rotary Meeting
- Wednesday, June 26 – Lions Club meeting
- Wednesday, June 26 – Beloit Farmers Market @Little Red Schoolhouse Park 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, June 26 – Live Music @ Kettle
- Friday, June 28 – Last Friday, First Drink @Wholesale Liquor
- Friday, June 28 – Ribbon Cutting @ 6 pm at Down Under Brewery
- Saturday, June 29 – Goat Yoga, Pet Connection & LaLa Lotus
- Saturday, July 6 – LakeFest at Glen Elder State Park, 785-545-3345 to sign up for activities and for more information.
- Friday, July 19 – Downtown Block Party, 4 – 8 pm, more details to come.
- July 25 – 27 – Mitchell County Fair, see event flyer
- Saturday, September 7 – Millapalooza, Downtown Beloit, 785-738-2717 for more information or how to sign up for events.