Latest events, news and specials in North Central Kansas!
Thank you to all the local businesses for supporting this great event here in Beloit, KS! This will be the 34th year we are honored to host these athletes and their families. Join us this afternoon in Chautauqua Park or tonight at the NCK Tech campus! We have worked hard this year to create NEW events and include the community in the weekend activities. Thank you for all your support!
A Big shout out to Mankato, KS and their exciting Mammoth Festival this weekend! Be sure to check them out!
Kettle Specials and Events:
Grilled Cheese for NEXT week: Crab Rangoon Grilled Cheese – garlic, onion, crab, cream cheese and mozzarella with Thai chill sauce.
Drink Special: Ruffino Lumina Pinot Grigio $6 glass/$20 bottle
Check out more on the NEW website http://www.kettlebeloit.com
Mitchell County Health Partners spread awareness of
National Stop the Bleed Month and announce June 2019 community training
During the month of May 2019 the Mitchell County Regional Medical Foundation, Mitchell County Hospital Health Systems, Mitchell County EMS and local law enforcement focused on raising awareness on “Stop the Bleed” trauma response strategies that all community members can learn to help save a life during trauma related accidents.
The Medical Foundation along with support of the Mitchell County Commissioners started the work in 2018 to begin to raise awareness on this very critical lifesaving education and during May 2019 partnered with the Mitchell County EMS, MCHHS, Mitchell County Sheriff’s Department and City of Beloit Police to distribute over 40 “Stop the Bleed Kits” to targeted locations across Mitchell County to educate and implement better trauma prevention practices.
On May 23, 2019 the Medical Foundation along with partners recognized the second annual “Stop the Bleed” day nationwide and outfitted every Mitchell County Sheriffs and City of Beloit Police vehicle with a “Stop the Bleed Kit”.
MCHHS and the Medical Foundation along with Mitchell County EMS and local law enforcement will continue to spread this education through educational courses to teach these trauma prevention practices across our communities.
Join us at the Mitchell County EMS building, 1906 Kansas Highway 14 in Beloit on Wednesday, June 20th for a “Stop the Bleed” training session at 7:00pm. All community members are invited and those who have taken the course before are more than welcome to attend for a refresher as new materials have been added in the last year.
Mitchell County EMS, Mitchell County Sheriff’s Department and MCHHS, Dr. Mark Banker and Mary Gray, Emergency Department Director will lead the instructive course with practical application exercises.
Mark your calendars to learn how you can be part of the answer and be educated on how to save a life in a critical trauma accident. Contact Mitchell County Regional Medical Foundation at 785-738-9493 to register free of charge online go to: https://conta.cc/2Ic2hUQ
Have Any Exciting News to Share?
The Chamber wants to help spread the word about your business. “Noteworthy News” is your opportunity to do just that. It’s a great way to inform other Chamber members about anything that’s new within your organization. Fill us in on what’s happening from staff changes to a new product or service. Send it to email@example.com by Thursday at noon and I will include it in Chamber Chat!
Calender of Events
- Friday, June 7 – 8-man All Star Pep Rally sponsored by Guaranty Bank and hosted by the Beloit Area Chamber of Commerce @Chautauqua Park, Brain Pain, Live remote with KDNS and fun for the whole family.https://www.facebook.com/events/344079542923896/
- Friday, June 7 – Punt, Pass and Kick Competition – NCK Tech Athletic Fields, 8 – 10 pm. Highlight Reel of 8-man ALL Stars week of camp.Farmway Credit Union will provide popcorn and Summer Kids Cafe will provide concessions.https://www.facebook.com/events/682819848828838/
- Saturday, June 8 – 8-man All Star Games – 10:00 am and 1:30 pm. Beloit Auto and Truck will be doing Halftime Giveaways! Buy a raffle ticket for a chance to PLAY! All money raised will be support the Buccaneers Cheerleaders!
- Thursday, June 13 – BINGO at the Senior Center, RSVP.
- Tuesday, June 18 – KansasWorks Mobile Workforce Center
- Tuesday, June 18 – Monthly Breastfeeding Meetup & Toddler Playgroup, Hearth Choices, @ Chautauqua Park 10 am and 11 am
- Thursday, June 20 – Patio Party hosted by BACC at the Porter House, 5:30 – 7:30
- Saturday, July 6 – LakeFest at Glen Elder State Park
- Saturday, September 7 – Millapalooza, Downtown Beloit