209 E Main #104, Beloit, KS 67420 • 785-738-2717 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Grilled cheese: “Dublin Coddle” Cabbage sauteed with onions, bacon and potatoes with sausage and white cheddar
Soup: Irish Beer Cheese soup
Drink: Guiness Beer
2019 Seasonal Employment Opportunities
Beloit Parks and Recreation Department
The Beloit Parks and Recreation is accepting applications for the following seasonal positions (May—August 2019)
Pool Concession—responsible for customer service, sales, front window and tower supervision. Hours vary. Applicants must be 15 years of age.
Park/Cemetery—responsible for weed-eating, mowing and a variety of other assigned duties. 40-hrs. per week Monday—Friday. Applicants must have a valid KS driver’s license. Preferred applicants be a least 18 years old.
Flower/Tree Attendant—responsible for care of the City’s flower beds and trees. 10-20 hours per week Monday—Friday. Must have a valid KS driver’s license.
All applications are due by March 25, 2019 or until filled and are available at www.beloitks.org or at the City Office, 119 N. Hersey. Return application to the City Office. Direct questions to the Parks and Recreation Office (785-738-2270). EOE
Beloit Senior Center Events
Eat Smart Live Strong series facilitated by Joyce McKinney on January 3, February 7, March 7, and April 4, 2019 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. at the Beloit Senior Center, 220 N. Hersey, Beloit.
Contact Debbie (785-738-5802 OR email@example.com) to reserve your spot.
Have Any Exciting News to Share?
The Chamber wants to help spread the word about your business. “Noteworthy News” is your opportunity to do just that. It’s a great way to inform other Chamber members about anything that’s new within your organization. Fill us in on what’s happening from staff changes to a new product or service. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday at noon and I will include it in Chamber Chat!
Calendar of Events
- Friday, March 15 – Chamber Coffee and Ribbon Cutting at Becker Auto, 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Saturday, March 16 – http://www.ringneckranch.net Extreme Long Range Rimfire Challenge, Tipton, Tyson Seirer, RR phone 785-373-4835
- Saturday, March 16 – St. John’s Catholic School Benefit Auction, @St. John’s High School Gym, Contact Parish office starting March 4th for tickets.
- Monday, March 18 – Non-Profit Rountable, $5 Members, $10 Non-members, @OCCK Conference Room hosted by email@example.com
- Wednesday, March 20 – Farmway Credit Union Annual Meeting @St. Johns, 6:30 pm. Children must be accompanied by adult. Meeting to follow dinner.
- Sunday, March 24 – Boost Praise and Worship, @New Life Church, 5-6pm
- Tuesday, March 26, 1-8 pm Stock Growers Field Day @Mitchell County Fair Grounds, Beloit. Register at http://www.postrock.ksu.edu
- Wednesday, March 27 – New Media Marketing Workshop, For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, April 2 – Taco Tuesday, Pet Connection @Down Under, 6-8pm
- Saturday, April 6 – Youth Turkey Hunt, Glen Elder State Park (by KDWP & Waconda Struttin Dusters) Info at 785-545-3345
- Thursday, April 11 – Heart Choices Banquet @Municipal Building
- Friday, April 26 – Beloit Relays, Trojan Field
- Saturday, April 27 – Beloit City-wide garage sales, maps & info at Waconda Trader at 785-738-2424
- Sunday, April 28 – Historical Society Program by Gunther Skaletz, Auschwitz Prison Camp Survivor, MCM Annex, 2 pm info call 785-738-5355